Thursday, August 29, 2019

UNCLE GARY'S GUIDE TO STRATEGIC VOTING

I was in a store the other day, I know - I'm such a neanderthal going to brick-n-mortar and all - and the topic of stupidity came up in conversation (full disclosure - I steer the topic this way often ahead of elections) and I said, "Next thing you know we have Trump and Doug Ford".
The Millennial clerk replied, 'I didn't vote for them. I never vote." to which I replied, "All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing."
And the Millennial clerk sighed, "yeah. True dat" Which I think means she just realized her not voting helped Doug get elected. I'm not sure, I don't speak Millennial.
So here's UNCLE GARY'S GUIDE TO STRATEGIC VOTING:
Say you live in Kitchener-Conestoga (or anyplace else in Canada).
And say you want to keep the Conservatives from winning.
Go to this website (http://338canada.com/districts/districts.htm), find your Riding and if it's Conservative leaning or a Toss up then click it, find out who the viable competition is and talk them up.

Make sure EVERYONE in your riding knows it's a close race but not a foregone conclusion that the Conservatives will win it. Tell them who to support in order to strategically beat the Conservative threat.
And before letting it go remind them that of the 338 ridings in the last Canadian Federal Election only 4 were won by a margin greater than number of registered voters in that riding WHO DIDN'T VOTE.

Almost 250 Ridings this election will have a completely different result if just 10% of the people registered who don't vote actually show up. Over 100 ridings will go the other if just 4% more people vote against the leading candidate in their Riding!
Since the Conservatives are all about voter suppression it's vitally important that people who say they don't vote are then told "oh, then you support Andrew Scheer, because as sure as that's how Trump and Doug Ford won, that's what not voting does"

No comments: